Nov 10, 2008

Regret

Bloomberg's Fred Pals reports on Oct. 29 that Rijkman Groenink, the former chief executive officer who earned about $33 million from the sale of ABN Amro Holding NV, said he regrets the takeover and wants to work again for the Dutch lender.




Groenink stated:

  • he would really like' to become a supervisory-board member at ABN Amro
  • "There is no one else in the Netherlands with as much banking experience and specific knowledge of ABN Amro as me,''
  • "I'd be more than willing to put my knowledge and experience at the bank and my management experience in the service of the new bank and therefore of the Dutch people.''
  • "My reality is one of loathing, sadness, I didn't need the money, I didn't want it. But the reality of public opinion is that I'm a money-grubber and I bargained away the bank.''

Source


No comments:

Post a Comment