Dec 26, 2013

What's your Pension Fund Confidence Level?

In my last blog I discussed the relationship between 'Fund Ratio' (FR) and 'Confidence Level' (CL), mainly for Dutch pension funds.

Some bloggers asked me to visualize this FR-CL relationship also for some other important pension countries.

From a Tilburg University thesis (2010) we can make a comparison. Not for all pensioen funds, but at least for some major public sector pension funds.

Here it is!

Although Dutch pension funds are still discussing whether they should cut existing pension rights or not , US and UK public sector pension funds still believe that as bad dreams have become reality, miracles can also happen!

"No!", my English business friend answered me, "I don't believe in miracles, I rely on them!" .

  

It still sounds as in the good old days, it's just the view that differs.....

No comments:

Post a Comment