This time an 'actuarial marriage counseling blog' that gets serious about this hilarious topic of age differences and mortality......
Some interesting an remarkable conclusions from Drefal's study:
- A woman's life expectancy is shorter the greater the age difference from her husband, irrespective of whether she is younger or older than him.
- However, the younger his wife, the longer a man lives.
- Women marrying a partner seven to nine years younger, increase their mortality risk by 20% compared to couples where both partners are the same age.
- But the mortality risk of a husband who is seven to nine years older than his wife is reduced by 11%.
Men, don't search a woman beneath this lower limit age border, unless you want to end up as sugar daddy........
What about women?
For women it's quite different:
Don't follow statistics if you want to marry someone, follow your heart! ;-)
Related Links & Sources:
- Max Planck Institut: Marriage and life expectancy (2010)
- OKCUPID: The Case For An Older Woman
- CBS News :Age gap Deathly (2010)
- Sugar daddy diagram ;-)